Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Work Station Wednesday - Calendar Book


Today is work station Wednesday and I'm so excited about my calendar book.
I have just finished updating it and it's bigger and better.

This calendar book is perfect who have fine motor issues and can't do the regular pencil and paper tasks of most calendar books.  It's also great for children with poor or no speech as you can hold up a lot of the choices for eye gaze users.

The new version includes cover pages.  I've included both girl and boy covers as well as black and white versions that the children can colour.

I used my binding machine to bind this book but you can also put it in a 3 ring binder.

This is the day of the week page.  There are 3 different versions.  This one includes yesterday and tomorrow but there is also one that just says "Today is".  I usually start with that one and as the children get good at that, I switch to this one.




We count the days in school and this board is intended to do just that.  The squares are Velcroed on and we remove one each day.


The number showing the number of days we've been in school.


There are several weather pages.  This one allows the children to place a weather card under each day of the week.  Make several copies of the weather cards if you need doubles.


This board allows the children to make a sentence about the weather. 



Once the children are finished I hand them a microphone and they read their sentence to the class.


This is our weather graph.  The children add a square to the column that corresponds to the chosen weather of the day.

 

These are my favorite pages.  Each day, the children select the season and then dress the child in the weather.  So, for example, if it's raining that day, they can dress their child in a raincoat.  There are boy and girl options.








We start off with easy patterns at the beginning of the year and then progress to more difficult ones as the year progresses.



The 10 frame is new.  Each day I will pick a number and have the children put the corresponding dots on the frame.  Frames are also included for 20 and 30.


The domino page is perfect for working on adding.  I pick a domino and the children make a representation of it on the top left side and make the equivalent equation on the right.  The add up the dots to get the total.







You can use these pages together or separately to work on individual skills.

My calendar book will be on sale for 1/2 price until the weekend.  It's also in a bundle (which is also on sale) with my calendar tracing pages and printables.



No comments: