Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tell us about you - Tuesday

Welcome back for day 2 of the Freebielicious blog hop.


Today it's all about ME!  Aren't you excited? LOL.

This is me and the family.  I've been married 15 years this year and as people know, it's not been easy the past few years.  We continue to put one foot in front of the other with a smile on our faces and do the best we can.



This is my youngest (he's 11) with the newest member of our family, Billy.  After I killed a mouse with hubby's shoe the other week, we figured we needed a better mouse trap.  Mice, you say?  I'll talk about why we have mice a little later.


This is my oldest.  He's 14 and such a big help around the house.  With his Dad being so sick, he's stepped up to the plate and does some of the "manly" things around the house, like cut the grass and fix squeaky doors.


Both boys are goalies.  Oh my goodness, it is stressful being a goalie parent.  The youngest plays on a rep team and the oldest plays house league and does time keeping for extra money.



We have a drag racing car that we took out this year for the first time in 3 years.  I literally cried on the start line because I never thought that hubby would be well enough to drive it again.  I don't know if we will be able to take it out again this year, but it was wonderful to see him in it again.


Now this is the reason we have mice.  Our house was the original one room schoolhouse of our small community.  It was  SS#1 Archer's School and was built in the 1800's.



Of course it doesn't like that now.  The people before us had done some renovations.  We have lived in the house for about 7 years now and have been slowly updating it.  This is what it looks like now.  We still have a lot to do and there are still ways that mice are getting in that we need to fix.  It's a work in progress.



Thanks for visiting and seeing a piece of my life.

Don't forget to hop on over to Freebielicious to see more posts from other bloggers.



1 comment:

Jessica Zannini said...

I adore your house! That porch is amazing! I don't know how you handle two boys. I have one that is only 18 months and I caught him trying to push his sit on car down the stairs this am. Some days I think he's going to give me a heart attack! So I'm sending you prayers for two boys that play hockey!

Jessica
Notes From the Portable