Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

One More Pet Activities and Freebie

Last week I posted some questions about teaching children with little or no verbal skills how to read.  One of the things I thought I would concentrate on this year is comprehension.  Children with little or no verbal skills often don't have the same opportunities to participate in shared reading experiences at a young age because they don't have the vocabulary available to them.

For my first unit of the year, I will be doing pets. Last week I posted about "What Pet to Get?".  You can find the post by clicking on the book cover.

         What Pet to Get?    Cat's Colors


The second book I've done activities for is "One More Pet" by Eugenie Fernandes.

Again, I wanted to make my own communication boards for the activities.  At the beginning of the year most of my children don't have their own communication systems in place.  If they do, they are very basic.  When we start talking about different books, they often don't have the pictures they need to answer my questions.



 Here are the activities I've created for "One More Pet" by Eugenie Fernandes.








You can find the freebie by clicking on the pictures below.

        



I you are interested in the communication boards for this book, you can find them by clicking on the pictures below.  They will be 1/2 price but only until Saturday.  

    




3 comments:

Missy Snyder said...

Thank you for the freebie! It looks great! :)

Ness said...

These are fantastic! I'm currently making some similar ones up for my class for the books we are studying-what program do you use to create them?

Marsha McGuire said...

You never stop amazing me and all you do for your kiddos Mandy.
Marsha
A Differentiated Kindergarten