Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peppermint Playdough

Finding presents for my students that they can all use can sometimes be difficult.  This year I decided to go with an idea that I saw on Pinterest.  I followed the recipe from here.  Note to self: read the instructions first.  I never thought about it being a COOKED playdough recipe as I have always made the non-cooked kind.  I threw everything in the bowl and wondered why it was a big sloppy mess.  Luckily it still worked when I threw the big sloppy mess into the pot and cooked it for a few minutes.

 I added some glitter and peppermint to the dough and made half of it red.

I found these lovely little jars at the Dollarama for $1 to put the playdough in.
I rolled the dough into snakes and twisted it into the jars.  I took me forever to get them the way I liked it.  I made up some labels and viola! Peppermint Playdough.




Here is the original pin from Pinterest.




                                                                                      Source: artfulparent.typepad.com via Mandy on Pinterest

3 Notes:

Beth said...

Love this!!! Would you be willing to send your round label? I would like to make this for my kids! Either way, thanks for all of the great ideas. Your love for your students is clear.

beilert@gost.com

Unknown said...

I love this idea for my kiddos. I have 24 students, how many batches do you think I'll need to make? As well, I'm also wondering if you'd be willing to share your adorable label. Thanks so much! Kelly

Amanda Myers said...

You can grab the label here. http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.ca/2012/12/peppermint-playdough-label-freebie.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...